Friday, January 3, 2014

A Year in Review | 2013




Oh my my.  What a year 2013 was!  Is it hard to imagine that a single year could be this eventful.  How did we get here?  Oh, well let's just have a little review of our past year.

But first, go grab yourself a cup of coffee!


Remember, Colby & I started 2013 like this:


A recently engaged couple of wanted to get married in just a couple of months.
_________________________________________________________

2013 consisted of this... (in chronological order, I might add).

 - We bought a brand new car // March


- Colby quit his job in Raleigh to pursue the family business back at home // March

- Colby moved back in with his parents and started his new job // April

- I graduated from North Carolina State University // May


- I moved back in with my parents // May

- WE GOT MARRIED! // May


- Colby & I spent a week in the Dominican Republic // May


- Colby & I moved into our first home // June


- Colby & I moved into our 2nd home... the one we were gonna buy // August

- My sister got engaged! //August


- Colby decided to quit the family business to pursue a different career back in Raleigh // October

- I got in PA school!  Go DEACS! // October

- My sister-in-law got engaged! // October

 

- My other sister-in-law announced she had another human growing inside of her! //December

conklin2.jpg

- We celebrated our first Christmas together // December


- We moved out of 2nd home into our third // December


Whew!  Don't that make ya'll wanna take a nap?!

It is truly amazing all that can happen in a single year.  We are so incredibly blessed to have life and life to the full through Jesus.  After all he is the one that is guiding us in the crazy life.  Life to the full for us, for this season of our lives, has consisted of late nights, early mornings, cardboard boxes, tissue paper, pots and pots of coffee, family, laughing, food and pure joy.  

Oh, 2014, you have incredibly big shoes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment