Thursday, November 21, 2013

Recipe Challenge | 1 & 2

The results are in.  Drum roll please....

My first two recipes in this challenge were Garlic and Lemon Roasted Chicken with Green Beans and Baby Red Potatoes along with a side of Zucchini and Squash bake.  I thought these babies would be definite yes's because we didn't really deviate from the foods we like.  Colby loves chicken, green beans and red potatoes.  So I was like.. yes, he will be on board with this challenge if I start out nice and slow.  And zucchini and squash?  What southern folk do you know that doesn't love these gourd shaped masses of goodness?

Garlic and Lemon Roasted Chicken with Green Beans and Baby Red Potatoes
Colby: Too much lemon, too much garlic (go figure!).
Courtney: Too much lemon.  I want to like green beans, but I don't.. and this recipe didn't flip my switch for them either.

Zucchini and Squash Bake
Colby: Pretty good.
Courtney: LOVED it!  Definitely a future go-to side!

So here we are.. I would consider us a 1 for 2 in our 5 new recipe challenge!  My next challenge is making a homemade apple pie for Thanksgiving with the Scott's this weekend!  I've made one pie my entire life, and let's be honest, I just tore off the plastic wrap off of it and threw it in the oven.  I'm going all homemade for this next one, baby!

1 comment:

  1. As I was reading this, I thought about how I would have to ask you for recipes for those delicious-sounding foods...until I realized that you linked them! You pre-read my mind!

    ReplyDelete